Saturday, April 23, 2011

Wow!




December 16th... That's over 4 months ago... I guess since Maggie came on December 30th my life has been so busy that blogging has been the last thing on my mind. (Thank you for the nudge J.O.) I can in no way do the last 4 wonderful months of my life justice by trying to condense it on one nights overdue blog post. Lets just start with a couple shots from the hospital and move right on past the, what I call, adjustment period.





Maggie Claire was born at 10:30 am on December 30th 2011. She was a little later than her due date so a pitosin drip was started at 6:00 am. At 9:45 The good Dr. broke her water and 45 minuted later she came... very quickly. So quickly that Kelly didn't get to have her epidural. Other than that no complications. She was healthy, happy, and nursed immediately.

Big brother was introduced to "sissy" in the hospital about 3 hours later. He has adjusted well although we have had our anxious times here and there. It was kind of like leaving your newborn in a gorilla cage. He has been surprisingly gentle for the most part but you expect any minute for him to walk in the room and whack her for no reason. Or try to see if her eyes are real. We have all adjusted well to our family of 4. Before Dec. 30th we had no idea how little Maggie would fit into our little world of 3 but she did. Although I haven't blogged I have taken pictures and so has my outfit obsessed wife. Like I said in the first blog I ever posted, "So, here we go. Watch and listen to my little boy and baby girl grow. "










2 comments:

Donna said...

Sweet Maggie! She's beautiful! (Bee-bee-bul, Olivia would say.) And Ren looks like such a BIG brother! He's growing so fast. A family of four. :)

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL! The Overby family loves the Owens family.