Friday, January 9, 2009

Holidays have come and gone.





















Christmas and New Years have come and gone. Of coarse I worked Christmas this year so we had to open presents on the day after. Santa brought Ren more books and some toddler toys. I had to spend New Years Eve away as well. I was a groomsman in my cousin Jeremy's wedding at Hatteras NC. It was a beautiful wedding and I couldn't think of a better place to ring in the new year than Hatteras. I have always loved Hatteras and I always will. The weather was perfect. We just didn't want to risk an 8 hour drive with a little boy who doesn't care for his infant seat. I was back home soon enough.





















Kelly still dedicates time every day to reading to Ren. He is very calm and attentive when she reads to him. Most of his day is spent looking for something to stick in his mouth or slobber on. He plays a lot in the exerciser (which is a walker with no wheels) and spends most of his waking hours grabbing things or wanting to grab things. When Kelly reads though he just listens and anticipates the page turning. It is neat to watch.

He is rolling over now from his belly to his back. We went into his room one morning expecting him to be turtle heading at us but instead we found him on his back kicking at the mobile. He had rolled all the way to the side of the crib and was laying up against the rail. I don't know who was more surprised, us or him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cherish these days, every minute of them!!!