Monday, December 22, 2008

5 months

Ren is 5 months old now and weighs 16.5 lbs. I grab the camera as often as I can and to get shots like this one. I had come home from work one morning in November to find this. He doesn't sleep in our bed full time, only when he wakes up early to nurse. Kelly lets him talk to himself in his crib for a while then goes to his room to get him. Together they lay in our bed and usually both of them fall back to sleep after nursing. One morning Kelly and I were asleep and Ren woke up about 5:30am. Without waking me she retrieved him and laid him between us to nurse. When he finished he proceeded to let everyone know he was content and ready to play. I opened my eyes and there he was about 4 inches away from my face smiling at me. He reminded me of a dog that was about 1 second away from giving a big lick in the face if he didn't get some attention.

No comments: