Saturday, April 10, 2010

Jacob's House

Kelly and I finally finished one of our major projects that has been hanging around all winter. Jacob's House is up and has a new little boy playing on it now. I call it Jacob's house because that is what it was called before it was Ren's house. See, I'm talking about wooden play set that was given to us by our friends Brian and Donna Murray. It saw most of it's life in Brian's back yard and served both their son and their daughter well for many years. Brian was ready to get rid of it and I just happen to need one so the deal was if I disassembled it and hauled it away then I could have it. Together Brian, Jacob, and I carefully took it apart into manageable pieces and carefully laid it on its side on my Dad's 16 foot trailer. That is where it stayed for the whole winter. As Brian and I were taking it down there was a license plate on the top rail that said "Jacob's House". I took it down and handed it to Jacob and he said "Oh, I may need that."
The project took off this spring not so much because Ren needed a play set but also because I needed the trailer. Kelly and I set it up, sanded the whole thing, re-nailed some of the boards, then stained it with a tabacco colored stain Kelly had bought for the house and decided not to use. We placed railroad ties around it then mulched inside the ties. The bottem serves as a sand box which is what Ren loves the most. It was finished off with a bench in the corner for the adults. And so there you have Ren's new play set.... That will forever be "Jacob's House"

4 comments:

Donna said...

Jacob's House looks brand new! I hope Ren spends lots of hours enjoying his playset- Jacob sure did. I remember when we first got the playset. Jacob was about Ren's age. Wasn't that just yesterday? ... They grow so fast... We're glad Jacob's house has a new home. :)

Unknown said...

That looks terrific! I wish I had one for my boys. I know Ren will get hours and years of pleasure out of it! Good job, Dad!

Anonymous said...

You are an awesome dad and Ren will forever be lucky to have such awesome parents as you and Kelly.

Unknown said...

I second that!! JR, you know kids get all kinds of bumps and bangs no matter how hard we try and protect them. It could have been so much worse. You do the best you can and still stuff happens. Life is going on and life overall is good. From an "old" grandmaw!! They are good to have around believe me! Glad Little Man is going to be fine and he will be!! Love you all!!