Spring is officially here now. It was probably 85 here in Hickory today. The other day I felt the urge to plant some garden (as if I'll have time to tend it this summer) so I sat out 18 cabbage plants, 9 broccoli plants and two rows of onions. Ren helped until we got to the onions. For every two I put in the ground he pulled one out. The next morning I walked out to our little food plot to find ALL the plants gone. There were also fresh deer tracks in the soil. I hope the !#$&% enjoyed them...
Three pictures to talk about tonight and that should get me caught up on whats been going on. The first is a shot of Ren and Adallia. Adallia belongs to my buddy John Warren from work. He and is wife came to visit and brought Adallia to meet Ren. She is a Dalmatian John rescued a few years ago. She was abandoned at some apartments that caught on fire and boy does she live the good life now. She is calm and smart. Not very common traits in Dalmatians. Anyway Ren enjoyed her and she tolerated him.

The Second shot is of my Dad and Ren. My parents stayed over for the weekend a while back and as I stood at the back door and took this photograph I was not sure who was entertaining who....

And lastly, I mentioned in the last post that we had new chickens. Well, they grow quickly and soon they will go from the brooder in the basement out to the chicken house (see background in previous picture). Day after day we go to the basement to "check buby checkens" as Ren says. He is not afraid of them and asks to hold one just about every time. Now, it looks like he is squishing the poor little thing but remember they are still little and really have no body size to speak of. He is actually very gentle with them. They seem to be calmer when he holds them than when I hold them. Kelly is the funny one when it comes to catching or holding them... (city girl)
No comments:
Post a Comment