Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas 2009

This was the first Christmas I've had both Christmas eve and Christmas day off in I don't know when. We started it off at my Mom and Dad's. The weatherman warned us of bad weather but we went anyway and woke up Christmas morning to no power and the sound of breaking limbs echoing through the hills and hollows. That had to have been the creepiest sound I've ever heard. Dad fired up the generator and we cooked breakfast on the Coleman stove. After breakfast we opened gifts. The hit for Ren was definitely the little vacuum cleaner Nana and Paw got for him. For some reason my son loves vacuums. He has watched his mother constantly vacuum the house and when he opened this we couldn't get it away from him. (Check out the race car bedroom shoes). Mommy's present from Santa was a jogging stroller for the trips to the park this spring.
After exchanging gifts there Dad and I put on our coats and began clearing the way to the main highway. We finally got my truck out and left for Bill and Margret's for the Berry Christmas.
And finally my favorite picture from this Christmas isn't even of my son but my nephew Brooks... It really needs no explanation...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tell Kelly that is the Cadillac of strollers!!! I LOVE mine :-) Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas....Love you! ~Sarah~