Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Happy and Healthy



Ren is eight weeks old now and gets bigger every day. Last week he and Kelly went to the doctor for a check up on the acid reflux problem. He wieghed 11 lbs. and 9 oz. so I figure he weighs about 12 lbs. now. I was changing him last night and Kelly asked me to try one of the #2 size diapers. It fit. We only have one pack of the #1 size left and that should be about it for the #1s. After I changed him I grabed one of the newborn diapers and compared it to a #2. It was amazing how much bigger the #2 was. He is growing fast and I'm glad. The newborn stage is over for the most part and he is in a pretty good routine of sleeping and eating. He gets us up twice during the night. Once at about 12am or 1am then again about 5am or 6am. We have started splitting it up during the night when I'm off duty and that allows Kelly to get about 6 or 7 hours of sleep. He is breast feeding more now too. Kelly started pumping and bottle feeding soon after we brought him home because breast feeding just wasn't working out for either one of them. A few weeks ago she tried it to pacify him and just as if nothing were ever wrong he stayed on and immediately became happy baby (seen above). We still bottle feed him expressed milk for the most part but when he gets fussy she lets him nurse and all is well. I don't think it is the nutrition so much but the emotional feeding he gets from his mother. I won't post a picture of him breast feeding but I can assure you it is one of the most fulfilling parts of having this little guy in our lives. I just stand and watch them both in a world of their own doing what babies and mothers do.

No comments: